Paris, 9 January 2017 – MIPTV today announces a prestigious panel of judges for the inaugural MIPTV Digital Short Form Series Pitch, a brand-new forum for creators and producers of digital native short form series.
With short online formats enjoying a surge in popularity, especially with younger audiences, the MIPTV Digital Short Form Series Pitch sets out to find the best creative talent and to provide a unique opportunity for creators to meet key international decision-makers looking for innovative content. This inaugural event is poised to become a unique, must-attend marketplace for the digital short form content ecosystem.
The world’s leading entertainment content market, MIPTV will run in Cannes, France from 3-6 April 2017, and the MIPTV Digital Short Form Series Pitch takes place over the first two days in the Palais des Festivals.
The MIPTV Digital Short Form Series Pitch features two categories – Drama (all genres), and Kids Content (animation and youth live action, ages 6-11) – and submitted projects will be reviewed by an international Jury of commissioners from leading networks and digital platforms.
The Jury for the Drama category comprises:
- Aline Marrache-Tesseraud, Senior Vice President, International Acquisitions, CANAL+ International / Studio +, France
- Marco Liberini, VP Digital, Caracol Televisión, Colombia
- Claire McArdle, Vice President, Multiplatform, Comedy Central International, USA
- Damon Berger, VP, Global Strategic Partnerships, Fullscreen, USA
- Sam Toles, Head of Global Content Acquisitions and Distribution, Vimeo, USA
The Jury for Kids Content category comprises:
- Jackie Edwards, Head of BBC Children’s Acquisitions and Independent Animation, BBC, UK
- Julien Borde, Head of VOD, France Télévisions, France
- Janine Weigold, Head of Children’s Content, Super RTL, Germany
- Vincent P. Aricco, Executive Director, Multiplatform Content Development, Disney Channel & Disney XD, USA
- Anuradha Javeri, Creative Director, YoBoHo, India
The six finalists in each category will pitch their projects to the MIPTV audience, and will benefit from one-to-one meetings with Jury members, whose status as leading decision-makers for the commissioning of short form content for their digital platforms means privileged access to potential partners. The finalists will be announced at the beginning of March.
The MIPTV Digital Short Form Series Pitch is backed by some of the top names scouting the best in web series worldwide, including the Buenos Aires Web Fest, KWeb Fest, Melbourne Web Fest, Vancouver Web Fest, WebFest Berlin and Web Séries Mag.
About Reed MIDEM – Founded in 1963, Reed MIDEM is an organiser of professional, international markets that are essential business platforms for key players in the sectors concerned. These sectors are MIPTV, MIPDOC, MIPCOM, MIP CANCUN and MIPJUNIOR for the television and digital content industries, MIDEM for music professionals, MIPIM, MIPIM Asia, MIPIM UK, and MIPIM Japan for the real estate industry and MAPIC, Retail Real Estate Market brought by MAPIC in Shanghai and MAPIC Italy for the retail real estate sector. www.reedmidem.com
About Reed Exhibitions – Reed MIDEM is a division of Reed Exhibitions, the world’s leading event organiser, with over 500 events in 43 countries. In 2015 Reed brought together over seven million active professionals from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 41 fully-staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of the RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexpo.com