Paris, 21 November 2017 – MIPTV and CANNESERIES open a worldwide search for the next big global drama hit, selected by a Jury of top-tier industry leaders.
In Development is a 2-day event dedicated to fast-tracking drama series productions at an international level. It will be held from April 10-11, 2018 alongside MIPTV and CANNESERIES. The call for entries opens today, November 21.
The first ever In Development is co-organised by MIPTV and CANNESERIES. Together, they will combine MIPTV’s unique blend of international decision-makers and financial partners with the high artistic standard of the International Cannes Series Festival.
Discover. Connect. Greenlight. are at the heart of In Development. This new international talent search offers producers and creators the opportunity to pitch their projects to key decision-makers, commissioning editors, platforms, distributors, co-producers, funds, and talent agencies enabling them to connect and greenlight projects.
In Development projects will be selected through an international call for entries, opening today, and designed to both highlight fresh new voices, as well as series from more established producers on the international scene that are looking for financing and development partnerships.
After a first round by a pre-selection committee, an international jury of drama experts will select the projects that will be pitched on stage. The deadline for project submissions is 8 January 2018, and the selected projects will be announced by the end of February.
As well as winning the opportunity to pitch a project to a high-level audience, the selected projects may be eligible for development funding from In Development’s Official Partners:
- Leading independent European producer, Federation Entertainment (“The Bureau”), will propose to co-develop, co-produce and distribute one of the selected projects.
- French think tank “La Fabrique des Formats” and its investment fund will offer financing for up to two series from the selection backed by a French producer or co-producer.
Full information is available in the Terms & Conditions of In Development.
Another section of In Development will feature Early-Stage Projects from emerging and seasoned writers with international ambitions curated with the assistance of international writing residences and talent agencies.
The Selection Jury will be composed of a certain number of Advisory Board members appointed to act as Ambassadors for In Development:
- Rola Bauer, Managing Director, STUDIOCANAL TV
- Ozge Bulut Marasli, CEO, Kanal D & Production Companies
- Tara Cook, Development Producer, Carnival Films
- Jimmy Desmarais, Co-managing Director, Atlantique Productions
- Ben Donald, Executive Producer, International Drama, BBC Worldwide
- Jane Gogan, Head of Drama, RTÉ
- Serge Hayat, Financier, Cinemage & Capucines Investment Funds
- Marie Jacobson, Executive Vice President, Programming and Production, Networks, Sony Pictures Television Networks
- Claire Lemaréchal, Screenwriter, “A Very Secret Service,” “Desperate Parents,” “Sagan”
- Stephen Mowbray, Head of SVT International (Acquisitions and Sales), Sveriges Television
- Katie O’Connell, CEO, Platform One Media
- Vanessa Shapiro, President, WW TV Distribution & Co-Production, Gaumont Television
- Philipp Steffens, Head of Fiction, RTL Television
- Christian Wikander, Director Co Financing, Twelve Town
- Anna Winger, Creator of “Deutschland83/86,” Founder of Studio Airlift.
Besides having access to potential partners, those presenting their projects will benefit from matchmaking and mentoring opportunities with key decision-makers, and attend a rich programme of panels and keynotes. They will also get the chance to attend the CANNESERIES Official Competition Screenings, and will receive complementary registration for MIPTV 2018.
A programme featuring headline speakers will be announced online soon.
About MIPTV – MIPTV (9-12 April 2018, Cannes) is the flagship and leading global TV and digital content market. Each April, over 10,000 professionals from across the international TV and digital entertainment ecosystem connect to launch and discover new content, forge partnerships, negotiate financing and distribution agreements, find co-production opportunities and explore the latest trends. MIPTV is preceded by the biggest weekend in unscripted content (7-8 April 2018), comprising MIPDoc, the world’s largest screenings library, conference and co-production marketplace for the factual community, and MIPFormats, the discovery showcase for the global formats community. www.miptv.com
About CANNESERIES – CANNESERIES, International Cannes Series Festival will unfold its first edition from April 4th to 11th 2018 at the Palais des Festivals. Initiated by David Lisnard Mayor of Cannes the event aims to highlight series from all over the world and to give an international voice to this increasingly popular and fiercely creative new art form. Open to a public audience and organised by an independent association presided by Fleur Pellerin, CANNESERIES is striving to create a stage on which the foremost creators in the world of series come together where tomorrow’s talents are showcased and a prestigious international competition. Learn more on www.canneseries.com