Lucy Smith, Director of MIPTV said: “This week will deliver a valuable mix of one-to-one meetings, networking, and market intelligence, with a sharp focus on doing real business, not just talking shop. And in a year where demand for content has soared, MIPTV’s drama, factual and formats content showcases are an invaluable guide to the most anticipated programming from around the world.”
“Much as we are looking forward to seeing everyone online this week, we are very excited to be welcoming everyone back to the Palais des Festivals in October for MIPCOM, MIPJunior and CANNESERIES, to celebrate the biggest week in television together in person.”
Highlights of Digital MIPTV – the best of MIPTV, MIPDoc and MIPFormats – include:
- 7th annual MIPDrama – an exclusive first look at a curated selection of the most anticipated series in production around the world, with participating buyers voting for their “Coup de Cœur” and the winner revealed online on Friday 16 April.
- Partner Content Showcases – All3Media International (UK), BBC Studios (UK), Catalan Films (Spain), Globo (Brazil), iFORMATS (China), The Smurfs (IMPS, Belgium), Istanbul Chamber of Commerce (ITO, Turkey), KOCCA (Korea), NTV (Russia), TOKYO BROADCASTING SYSTEM (TBS, Japan), Yellow, Black and White (Russia), and ZDF Enterprises (Germany) – present 30-minute sessions of content and insights across formats, factual, drama and kids.
- Factual and Format Content showcases – a series of non-scripted showcases offering a first look at break-out formats and high-end documentary & factual programming from some of the biggest names in the industry.
- Fresh TV – the latest programming trends from around the world for Formats, Fiction and Kids with two brand-new sessions focusing on young-adult content, esports, podcasts and brands.
- Keynotes – two of the biggest names in global entertainment – football icon & entrepreneur David Beckham and music superstar Marc Anthony – share their ambitions for their studio enterprises.
- MIP SDG Award – this year’s award honours Paul Buccieri, President of A+E Networks, for his company’s outstanding efforts in reducing inequality in a year where we have started to see real traction around diversity and inclusion both in programming and behind the camera.
from Lucy Smith, MIPTV Director.
MIPTV thanks its global Sponsors and Partners: TBS, Nippon TV, A+E Networks, KOCCA, Catalan Films, iFORMATS All3Media International, Yellow Black and White, Globo, ZDF Enterprises, NTV, ITO, BBC Studios, The Smurfs.
For more information about Digital MIPTV, click HERE
Notes To Editors:
About MIPTV/ Digital MIPTV – MIPTV is the annual spring market for the international television industry, now in its 58th year. Digital MIPTV 2021 will take place exclusively online from 12-16 April, bringing together global distributors, producers, buyers and commissioners of drama, doc, kids, factual and formats programming for a curated week of personalised business meetings, exclusive market intelligence, conference sessions and global networking. MIPTV is traditionally the biggest global week in unscripted television and this year features MIPDoc and MIPFormats within the main market. www.miptv.com
About Reed MIDEM – Founded in 1963, Reed MIDEM is an organiser of professional, international markets that are essential business platforms for key players in the sectors concerned. These sectors are MIPTV, MIPDOC, MIPCOM, MIPJUNIOR in Cannes, MIP China in Hangzhou and MIP Cancun in Mexico for the television and digital content industries; MIDEM in Cannes for music professionals; Esports BAR in Cannes and in Miami for the esports business; MIPIM in Cannes, MIPIM Asia Summit in Hong Kong SAR, Propel by MIPIM – Cannes, Propel by MIPIM – Paris, Propel by MIPIM NYC in partnership with Metaprop, Propel by MIPIM – Hong Kong; MAPIC and LeisurUp in Cannes, MAPIC Russia in Moscow, MAPIC Italy and The Happetite in Milan, and MAPIC India in Mumbai for the retail real estate sector. www.reedmidem.com
About Reed Exhibitions Global – Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants. Our events leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to connect face-to-face or digitally and generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics for professional and business customers. www.reedexhibitions.com